Children may be added to the waitlist after their 2nd birthday. Click to view the complete waitlist policy...
- Children are eligible to be placed on the waiting list at two years of age and can attend from the ages of 3 to 5 years.
- Entry onto the waiting list does not guarantee a position.
- Children must be toilet trained before starting at NNS and it is advisable that this begins early to allow children plenty of time to acquire these skills. There are, of course, circumstances for children with additional needs where this is not possible and the Director will discuss this with families.
- Information gathered is kept confidential and assists us in processing your form in accordance with our waiting list policy.
- Each applicant completes a waiting list form (one per child)
- A non-refundable administration fee is paid of $50.00 per child (twins $50.00). Your waiting list application is not active until this payment is received. Payment can be made via bank transfer or via credit card (by calling our office). Please note that a 1% surcharge applies to credit card payments.
- Families are provided with a copy of the service brochure and are requested to view our waiting list and enrolment policies on this website.
- Families are invited to make an appointment to view the preschool. This can be done by phoning the office on 9969 3586 between 10.00am and 1.30pm each day. Appointments are necessary and are usually scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Families are provided with a copy of the service brochure and are requested to review the enrolment policy.
- Any matters that are sensitive in nature, such as discussing a child’s additional needs, medical needs, court orders, parenting plans or parenting orders, will be discussed privately with the Director at this time and supporting documentation will be requested.
- Should English be the second language, and a family needs the forms to be translated, we will seek assistance.
- A waiting list application is only activated upon receipt of $50. It is the responsibility of the family to ensure this is paid directly by direct deposit or cheque.
- A receipt is issued once the fee is paid either at the time of payment or via mail.
- Families are responsible for providing written notification of change of address or contact details to NNS.
FROM WAITING LIST TO ALLOCATION OF PLACES AND ENROLMENT
- The enrolment selections from the waiting list begin at the end of Term 2.
- Offers for places for the following year start around the beginning of Term 3.
- The time frame above is an indication and may vary slightly from year to year.
- We are unable to give families any information as to their place on the waiting list or likelihood of a place until this time.
- Places will be offered via telephone or email
- The decision as to which class a child is allocated to is made by the preschool. We aim to balance a number of aspects within each room. These include gaining an even gender balance, a mix of new and returning children, a mix of abilities, a balance of children with siblings and a mix of culturally diverse families.
NON-ACCEPTANCE OF OFFERED ENROLMENT
If a family is offered a place and declines at that time they can, if they wish, stay on the waiting list unless they indicate they wish to be removed or if the child is 6 years old and attending school.
ALLOCATION AFTER JANUARY INTAKE
If a place becomes available during the year, places will be offered in accordance with our waiting list priorities.
Sibling priority is given to children who have had a sibling previously attend NNS and are on the waiting list.
Most children who start at the preschool are toilet trained. However, from time to time, there are children with additional needs or children with different circumstances who are not toilet trained. Please speak to the director if your child is not toilet trained.
CHILDREN WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS
Children with additional needs are given priority on the Waiting List. The preschool can accept a small number of children with additional needs in any given year. The number accepted is determined by the needs of the children, the dynamics of the group and the resources available.
Waitlist Application Form
To activate your waiting list placement, please deposit your $50 admin fee via bank transfer at: Bendigo Bank BSB: 633 000 Acc: 141966374
(Please put your “child’s name + WL” as the payment description)
If you are either applying for a concession, or you have relevant medical reports relating to any additional needs, please email these separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.